The clinics are opened to help the patients get emergency help when it is needed. Every kind of medical clinic has a specific job to perform. The primary job of the medical center in surfers paradise is to help the patients recover from their early health conditions. These clinics are often running under the supervision of renowned hospitals. They might not have much staff, but a specialized GP can let you serve the health problems.
Here are the different types of clinics that you may find in the neighborhood for your assistance.
- Primary care clinics
These are the most common type of clinics that are available for broad-level treatment. These clinics include the services of proficient practitioners that can help the visiting patients in the following ways:
- Regular check-ups
- laboratory diagnosis
- screening for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol
- treatment of mild health conditions like headache, cough, and sore throat
- emergency solution of minor injuries like mild cuts, scrapes, or burns
- Sexual health clinics
As the name suggests, the job of these clinics is to treat sex-specific issues. Most of the services are related to women’s health, but they can cater to male problems. The other conditions on the treatment list include
- Working with problems related to contraception
- Diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, and HIV
- Pelvic health of women
- Cancer screening like that of cervical cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer
- HPV and hepatitis B
- Pregnancy testing and prenatal exams
- Services related to abortion
- Infertility counseling
- Sexual problems related to erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Family planning
- Mental health clinics
If you are suffering from any mental problem, you need a trained GP stationed at these clinics. These illnesses include anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The services are offered through professional psychiatrists and social workers. They offer their services either individually or in groups through counseling sessions. Thus they make it possible to ensure rehabilitation of such patients. They also help in improving marital life, coping with workplace stress, and learning disabilities.
- Specialized clinics
These clinics are purpose-built. They help you serve in handling the different kinds of health conditions. These clinics either offer either a single service or multiple services. The clinical specialties include
- ear, nose, and throat (ENT)
- gynecology and obstetrics
- physical therapy
- Community health centers
Community health centers are clinics set up under the patronage of the federal government. They are planned to serve the high need areas meant to offer comprehensive primary care services. The purpose is to create awareness among the people related to health and other community matters. Thus, they take up the task of the overall goodness of the community.